Whether it is just normal aging or over doing it in the yard or at the gym, body pain sucks. There are some home remedies that work for body pain. Here are our Top 7 Body Pain Relief Home Remedies
Alternative Therapies For Body Pain
Dealing with body aches isn’t fun for anyone. Many resort to taking an OTC or prescription pain killer to help. While those methods are effective they don’t come without some hidden costs. There are times when the side effects are worse than the symptoms.
Here are some proven home remedies for body pain that we believe you will find helpful.
#1 – Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an ancient remedy that is helpful for many conditions. If you want to use apple cider vinegar to treat muscle pain it is very easy to use.
1. Fill your bath tub with warm not too hot water.
2. Add two full cups of apple cider vinegar.
3. Soak yourself in the water for 15 to 20 minutes, longer if possible.
#2 – Cold shower
When we overwork our muscles taking a cold shower can ease some of the pain and stiffness. You can also use a cold compress for about 30 minutes. This works best right after the activity occurs.
#3 – Ginger
Ginger is know for it’s anti-inflammatory properties. These properties will help in your search for relief from body aches. Drinking a cup of ginger tea will offer some quick relief from body aches and pains.
#4 – Turmeric
Turmeric has been used for centuries to treat pain resulting from inflammation.
1. Warm a cup of milk on low heat.
2. Add a teaspoonful of turmeric.
3. Drink this turmeric milk for pain relief.
Turmeric is also helpful in treating arthritis pain, heartburn and inflammation.
#5 – Cinnamon
Treating joint aches using Cinnamon is a great idea. This remedy has been used since ancient times.
1. Drink a cup of lukewarm milk with 1/2 teaspoonful of cinnamon powder along with 1 tablespoonful of honey stirred in.
2. Enjoy the relief.
#6 – Mustard oil
While not as well know as some of the others, mustard oil has long been considered as one of the best treatments for body pain treatment.
1. Chop up 10 cloves of garlic.
2. Heat the chopped garlic with 4 tablespoonfuls of mustard oil.
3. Allow the mixture to cool.
4. Drain and strain the cooled mixture.
5. Use the resulting paste to massage the affected area.
6. Repeat three to four times daily.
#7 – Banana
To keep our bodies healthy and strong we need plenty of potassium. Bananas are a great natural source of potassium. Eating a banana with plain or mixed in a shake is a great way to get your daily allotment of potassium.
That is our top 7 natural home remedies for body pain. Feel free to share your home remedies for body pain with us.
This information is not designed to replace the advice and consent of your personal medical professional. Before using any of the information contained in this article, seek the advice of your medical professional.