Living with the pain, discomfort and embarrassment of Psoriasis is something that is hard to imagine if you have never experienced it. This article”Home Remedy Network – Psoriasis Home Treatments That Offer Relief” looks at some natural home remedies that can work for you. There are additional links to Psoriasis Home Treatment resources at the end of this article.
Treating psoriasis using herbal treatments can be effective. Psoriasis is a skin disorder that is characterized by dry skin, inflammation, swelling, irritation as well as scaly patches. Natural treatments can be effective in relieving all of these symptom.
Here are some of the herbs which are effective in treating Psoriasis:
1. Calendula – Calendula is an oil that is among one of the powerful herbal treatments for Psoriasis. It should apply it topically directly to the affected area. The antioxidants it contains will provide protection to the skin will ending the infection. Some other benefits are reducing redness, increasing blood flow, enhanced healing by renewing the skin’s cells at the inner level.
2. Milk Thistle – Another effective Psoriasis natural treatments is mile thistle. This treatment works by preventing T-cells from being active. When your T-cells are active this can trigger Psoriasis. Milk thistle can be applied topically or taken in supplement form.
3. Natural Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera is probably one of he best known herbal treatments on this list. Many people don’t realize that it can be used to treat Psoriasis. Aloe Vera is excellent to hydrate your skin. Simply cut a leaf off an Aloe Vera plant and apply the juice to the impacted area. Do this daily, multiple times if possible. If you use over the counter Aloe Vera, make sure that it doesn’t contain alcohol.
4. Evening Primrose – Many people have not heard of evening primrose but in oil for it is a very effective treatment for Psoriasis. You can either use oral or topical methods to treat the symptoms of Psoriasis. Evening Primrose contains a fatty acid known as gamma-linoleic. This fatty acid is extremely effective in making skin healthy. The oral method will increase the overall level of fatty acid in your body. When used topically it will moisten and repair your skin locally and help to reduce swelling.
5. Neem. – Last but not least on our list is Neem. This plant has leaves that contain components which will keep your skin healthy and free from bacteria. You can find Neem in both oil and powder form.
Even though Psoriasis could be a condition which is difficult to handle both on a physical as well as mental basis, there is hope. Our list isn’t exhaustive and you should research other options. Don’t allow the lesions along with flaky plus red appearance that accompanies the symptoms to cause you to become reclusive. Give the suggestions above a try.
Let us know if you have used any of the above treatment and if they were effective. Would also like to know if you have any other treatments that you have found useful.