Acne, the killer of hot dates for both the young and old. The question in this article “Is There Any Proven Holistic System That Can Permanently Cure ACNE?” is one many people ask and is answered. We look at acne inside and out. There are also some helpful links to other educational sites regarding how to cure acne.
Acne Vulgaris is the medical term for what is commonly know as acne. Acne is a disease of the skin. This disease involves your oil glands which are located at the base of a person’s hair follicles. Acne most commonly erupts during the years of puberty. This time period is when your sebaceous or oil glands burst into life.
While not life threatening it is hard to tell those who suffer from acne that they are not experiencing a life threatening event. The pores in the human skin that are located all over the skin are connected to oil glands. The oil glands connect to your pores by way of your follicles. The glands make Sebum, which is an oily natural liquid. The purpose of the sebum is to carry dead skin cells to the upper covering of skin via the follicles. Tiny hairs grow out of the follicles. When the follicles become blocked oil accumulates. When oil accumulates a pimple aka acne occurs. Acne can occur on your face, neck, shoulders, chest or back. The blockage becomes infected and when it starts to breakdown acne develops.
Here are the various types of pimples that occur:
Whiteheads – This form of pimple is relatively small an remains under the skin
Blackheads – This form of pimple is very visible and is black in color. Contrary to popular belief, a blackhead is not caused by dirt.
Papules – Small and usually pink in color
Pustules – Very visible on the skin, red at the base and contain pus on the top.
Nobules – These are also visible on the skin but are large and solid. These are very painful and embedded deep inside the skin
Cysts – Again very visible painful, filled with pus and many times cause scars.
The causes of acne are varied and debated by experts. Some people seem to more susceptible to acne than are others. Still there are some things that you can do to help limit the occurrence of acne and shorten the time that you have to deal with it.
Here are some of the best ways to treat acne depending on the severity:
Treating for mild acne cases naturally
1. Make sure and gently wash twice daily with a mild soap and warm water. Don’t scrub.
2. Don’t attempt to burst or pop pimples.
3. Avoid touching your face unless your hands are clean.
4. If you wear glasses, clean them regularly.
5. Don’t sleep with makeup on. Allow your skin to breathe.
6. Avoid too much sun. Sun causes excess production of sebum.
7. If you are old enough to shave do so gently. Avoid electric razors. Use a fresh blade or razor regularly. Use warm water with a mild soap first to soften your beard.
There are some things that can make acne worse. Do your best to be aware and avoid when possible.
1. Women’s monthly cycles – These are periods when acne tend to be worse. This is as a result of hormonal changes. Not too much you can do other than be aware
2. Stress – Stress can impact acne in a negative way. This is again as a result of increased hormone levels. There is also usually an increased level of binge eating which is usually not healthy
3. Climates That Are Hot And Humid – Increased sweating will make acne worse.
4. Makeup That Is Oil Based – These oils increase the chances of your pores being clogged.