There are many things that can happen on our lives that can result in scarring. This post “Alternative Medicine Herbal Remedies : Herbal Remedies for Scars”offer some natural and herbal remedies for scars. There are also additional sites that we have linked to below that will offer more educational information on treating scars.
Here are the Top 7 ways to treat scars naturally.
Alternative Medicine Herbal Remedies : Herbal Remedies for Scars – Tip #1 Use Lemon – Lemon is nature’s bleach. Lemons contains Vitamin C which helps build collagen. Here is the best way to use lemon to treat scars:
1. Squeeze the juice from a fresh lemon
2. Apply the juice using a clean cotton ball.
3. If your skin is sensitive, dilute the juice with water.
4. For added benefit, add 2 teaspoons of oil containing Vitamin E.
5. Use daily, avoid sun until you rinse the mixture.
Alternative Medicine Herbal Remedies : Herbal Remedies for Scars – Tip #2 – Honey Can Be Sweet – Honey, surprisingly enough, can be used to treat scars. Here are a couple of different ways to use honey to treat scars:
1. Spread a thin layer of honey on your face and allow it to remain overnight. Wash your face with clean water in the morning.
2. Mix two tbsp of honey with one quarter cup of oatmeal. Create a paste and apply gently on any scars. Allow the mixture to remain on the scars for fifteen to twenty minutes and then wash off using clean warm water.
3. Use one half a tsp of cinnamon, powder form is best, with one tbsp of honey. Apply the mixture directly onto your scars. Allow to sit for one hour then rinse.
Alternative Medicine Herbal Remedies : Herbal Remedies for Scars – Tip #3 – Aloe Vera Has Yet Another Use – Simply take Aloe Vera directly from an Aloe Vera leaf and apply the gel directly to scars twice a day. Allow the gel to remain for 30 minutes and then rinse.
Alternative Medicine Herbal Remedies : Herbal Remedies for Scars – Tip #4 – Olive Oil, It Is Not Just For Cooking Anymore – Olive oil contains Vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D and E. Olive oil also has anti-inflammatory properties that are helpful in healing scars. Here is the best way to use olive oil to treat scars:
1. Gently massage pure olive oil into your face focusing on any scars.
2. Immerse a clean towel in warm water.
3. Place the warm towel on your face.
4. Gently wipe off any excess olive oil.
5. Rinse your face with clean water that is room temperature or cooler.
Alternative Medicine Herbal Remedies : Herbal Remedies for Scars – Tip #5 – Baking Soda – Here is the best way to use baking soda as a way to treat your scars:
1. Mix two tsp baking soda with water to create a paste.
2. Massage the paste onto your face mainly on the scarred areas.
3. Wash with warm water.
4. Repeat 2 to 3 times weekly
Alternative Medicine Herbal Remedies : Herbal Remedies for Scars – Tip #6 – Raw Potato – Believe it or not, raw potatoes can be used to treat scars. Here are the steps:
1. Cut a raw potato into thin round slices.
2. Rub a slice gently on the scarred areas using a circular motion.
3. Continue until you feel that the potato is dry.
4. Continue this process for fifteen to twenty minutes.
5. Allow the potato juice to be absorbed into your skin.
7. Apply moisturizer.
8. Repeat three to four times weekly for one to two months.
Alternative Medicine Herbal Remedies : Herbal Remedies for Scars – Tip #7 – Raw Tomatoes – Fresh raw tomatoes can be used to treat scars as well as improving the taste of a fresh salad. You can use the following two methods to treat scars using tomatoes:
1. Cut a ripe tomato into pieces. Next crush the pieces into a pulp and apply the paste to your face. Allow to remain for fifteen to twenty minutes. Wash your face and repeat the process daily for two weeks.
2. Take two tomatoes, one cucumber along with two avocados. Remove the pulp from the tomatoes, grate your cucumber and then squeeze the juice from the avocados. Mix the ingredients and apply them to your face. Allow to remain for around twenty minutes and then rinse with clean water.
Herbal and natural remedies for treating scars include exercising to promote circulation, removing preservatives from the diet, staying hydrated and applying cocoa butter, vitamin E oil or jojoba oil to the scar. Include lots of tropical fruits in the diet to help heal scars with advice from a practicing herbalist in this free video on alternative medicine.
Duration : 0:2:22