ADHD or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder has become the catch all phrase for many conditions. The problem is that many in the medical community have made the choice to immediately prescribe medications to solve the problem. This article “Prescription Drugs for ADHD? Better Do Your ADHD Research First!” will help you learn more about the pitfalls of treating ADHD with prescription drugs. There are additional links to more information about prescription drugs for ADHD below.
ADHD research is essential for responsible parents searching for the best treatments for their children. Prescription drugs? Natural remedies? You need to be informed before making a decision. So make sure you take the time to do your research first.
I am a natural health consultant with an ADHD son, and I’m convinced that natural remedies are your safest treatment. Treating your child with drugs not only has side effects, but it doesn’t even address the root of the problem.
Ritalin is the drug of choice for most psychiatrists but it only treats the symptoms of the problem and not the underlying cause. Studies have shown that when children are taken off the drug, symptoms of ADHD return. Also long term effects of prescription drugs, such as Ritalin, have not been determined and there is considerable controversy.
The following statements should convince you that natural remedies for ADHD should be considered first:
* ADHD facts state that common side effects for an ADHD drug such as Ritalin include sleep disturbances, insomnia, decreased appetite, depression, headaches, stomachaches, and high blood pressure. Do you want your child to experience these? That’s why I used natural ADHD remedies. It alleviates the symptoms without the side effects and without compromising your child’s health.
* According to ADHD research , prescription drugs for ADHD may stop some of symptoms of ADHD but did you know they also alter the way your child thinks? The drugs can suppress your child’s ideas, impulses, and creativity that are natural to your child.
John F. Kennedy, Jim Carey, and Nolan Ryan are just a few of famous people who coped with ADHD without prescription drugs. Natural remedies for ADHD will not take away the creativity of your child, but instead will restore balance to his overall health.
* ADHD facts also show that there is a much higher frequency of substance abuse for adults who took ADHD prescription drugs as kids. That is because some of the prescriptions are very addictive. No so with natural ADHD remedies, as they are not addictive and very safe to take with no side effects.
* ADHD research has revealed that billions of dollars are spent on ADHD prescription drugs. That can put a heavy burden on a family even if you do have good insurance. It’s also an indication that ADHD is being over-diagnosed. Natural remedies for ADHD are not only better health-wise, but much more cost efficient.
* ADHD facts have shown that the long-term effects of prescription drugs remain a mystery. Recent studies have shown higher incidents of depression and other psychological problems with people who took those drugs as children. Do you want to take that chance with your children? I didn’t, and my grown son is very well adjusted now. By using natural ADHD remedies when he was young, I’m not worried about any long term effects he may have developed later on in life.
So where do you go from here? If you’ve done your ADHD research you now know there is controversy with prescription drugs. Do you want to just cover up their symptoms with possible side effects? Or do you want to go to the root of the problem with no side effects.
If you’re like me, a concerned Mom, you’ll choose natural ADHD remedies and feel good about it because you’ve made an informed decision. Find a good natural ADHD remedy for your child and know you’re doing the responsible thing. After all, it’s your child’s health!