Acne can strike anyone at anytime but it always seems to attack at the worst times. This article looks at options to prevents the occurrence of acne. Check out the included links to articles and videos.
Introduction To Acne
What is acne. Well acne, aka acne vulgaris, occurs when your hair follicles become clogged as a result of dead skin and oil generated by your body. Acne is a long-term skin disease. Blackheads, pimples, whiteheads, oily skin as well as possible scarring are symptoms and the result of acne.
Acne is an issue for plenty of people, but, this does not mean that it is uncontrollable. Although acne can have many complex causes, the simplest solutions are usually by far the most successful to fight breakouts. Here are some suggestions to treat and prevent your acne.
Suggestion #1 Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is an excellent natural solution to help you in your quest for getting rid of pimples. Tea tree oil contains plenty of natural antibacterial properties. This makes it excellent as a replacement to harsh synthetic chemicals. Tea tree oil won’t strip away the natural oils that you skin needs. You can apply tea tree oil directly to the acne outbreak or you can add it as an ingredient to multiple skin treatments. Here are some examples of usage:
Usage #1 Spot Treating
- Buy some pure tea tree oil. Make sure the label says “100% tea tree oil.”
- Wash your skin using a mild soap.
- Dry your skin with a clean cloth
- Apply a dab of the tea tree oil to the acne
- Allow the tea tree oil to stay overnight
- Repeat daily
- If your skin becomes irritated, discontinue use
Usage #2 Make Your Own Facial Mask
- Again purchase 100% pure tea tree oil
- Make a mask using a few drops of tea tree oil and two tablespoons of green clay powder. Blend to create a spreadable paste.
- Apply the mask evenly across your face. Allow to sit for twenty minutes
- Rinse using warm water and dry with a clean cloth.
There are additional suggestions for using tea tree oil contained in the article referenced below.
Suggestion #2 Don’t Pop That Pimple
While it can be tempting to pop a pimple, especially when it is staring at you in the mirror, you should NOT. There are multiple reasons to avoid popping a pimple.
- Not popping keeps bacteria, oil, debris etc contained within the pimple which prevents spreading.
- Popping can force all of the above deeper or even introduce additional foreign things into your skin.
- Popping can lead to permanent scars.
- Popping might even extend the life of the pimple.
Still if you can’t help yourself here are the steps to popping a pimple.
- Wait until the pimple has a firm head
- Wash your hands, especially under your fingernails first
- Cleanse the pimple and the area around it with rubbing alcohol
- Wear Gloves
- Use a sterile needle
- Press around, not on, the pimple
- Remove the contents using a comedone extractor
- Clean the area with rubbing alcohol after you finish
- Even better have a professional do it, i.e. a physician
Again the best option is to not pop the pimple or have an expert do it.
Suggestion #3 Make Changes To Your Diet
Foods can either increase or decrease the chances of getting acne. Here are both lists:
Top Foods To Prevent Acne
#1 Broccoli #2 Red Cabbage #3 Garlic #4 Red Grapes #5 Turmeric #6 Sweet Potato #7 Papaya #8 Chickpeas #9 Apples #10 Flax Seeds #11 Cauliflower #12 Lentils #13 Spinach #14 Walnuts #15 Quinoa #16 Brown Rice #17 Blueberries #18 Red Kidney Beans #19 Kale #20 Almonds
Top Food That Can Cause Acne
#1 Dairy #2 Fast Foods #3 Vinegar and Oil Dressings #4 Foods with High Sugar Content #5 Foods High in Carbs
Suggestion #4 Reduce Stress
Science really doesn’t know why but stress increase the chance of acne breakouts. Hormones are the most likely culprit. Some stress reducing techniques include:
- Get some exercise
- Get plenty of rest
- Listen to some relaxing music
- Learn to meditate
- Try aromatherapy
- Reduce your caffeine intake
- Write down your stress triggers. Correct what you can and let go of what you can’t correct
- Write down the things that you are grateful for.
- Get a massage
- Watch a funny movie or go to a comedy show
- Learn to say “No” and not allow yourself to become overloaded
- Get a pet
We hope that these suggestions will help. Make sure and email us with any suggestions or testimonials.